Sunday, May 27, 2007

MESSAGE #55 - MY SECRET WEAPON

Some days I have no ideas for my Success Hotline. Some days I have no idea what to write here.

What do I do?

Give up?

No.

Get up?

Yes.

I get up and take a walk to the Krauszer’s that’s just next door.

When I get there, I pick up my SECRET WEAPON – “Investor’s Business Daily.”

I don’t buy it to check on my investments or to get some hot stock tips.

No. I turn to page three (it’s usually page three). Here you’ll find “LEADERS & SUCCESS,” a full-page devoted to motivation.

There are motivational quotes across the top of the page. Then there’s an inspiring biographical story. And on the left side you’ll find “IBD’s Secrets to Success” – a management-type article.

It works.

I always find just what I need.

Here are some of my favorite quotes that I’ve found in IBD:

Thomas Edison on Perseverance:
“Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.”

Writer Scott Reed on Goals:
“This one step – choosing a goal and sticking to it – changes everything.”

Mark Twain on Attitude:
“There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist.”

William James on Human Nature:
“The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.”

Check out Investor’s Business Daily, it just might be better than caffeine (and cheaper)!

Give me a call at 973.743.4690 . . .


Rob Gilbert