Saturday, May 26, 2007

MESSAGE #54 - I am lazy

I don’t want to write this blog today. It’s Memorial Day weekend. No one is going to read it anyway.

You want to hear more excuses?

I can give you 10 quick reasons why I don’t want to blog today.

They are all lies. Oh, they’re good-sounding lies but they are still lies. They are “rational lies.”

RATIONALIZE = RATIONAL + LIES

The truth: The reason why I don’t want to write this blog today is because I FEEL LAZY!

You can watch Dr. Phil and Oprah all you want. You can make up all those sophisticated “rational lies” for your lack of productivity and failures.

For most of us -- most of the time -- the reason we fail and do not succeed is because we are lazy.

Here’s what one of my students wrote about laziness:

Many people make the mistake of confusing laziness with many things.

Laziness is a habit that almost all of us can let go of anytime we want, but we choose not to.

We blame our problems, especially in school, on our lack of intelligence - or stupidity.

For example, if students feel unmotivated or lazy, they do not complete the required assignments for the class and then they blame their bad grades on their lack of intelligence.

They believe that a bad grade was the result of not having the ability to understand the material and ignore the fact that their bad grade was totally the result of their laziness.

The good news is that laziness is something that everyone has the ability to control and overcome instantly. You can let laziness stand in your way, but it doesn’t have to.

We create our laziness . . . so we can overcome our laziness!


Here’s what I know about you:
You’re not lacking ability.
You’re not lacking intelligence.

BUT, sometime you’re lacking DILIGENCE.

Sometime you feel lazy, too.

That’s OK! As a matter of fact – it’s GREAT!!!!

Lack of intelligence is difficult to overcome.

BAD NEWS: It’ll take years to make an unintelligent person intelligent.

GOOD NEWS: A lazy person can become productive almost instantly.

You can overcome your laziness RIGHT NOW!

I just did.

I just overcame some temporary resistance and wrote this, even though I didn’t want to.

In writing this, I unblocked some energy. I feel better now.

I put myself in motion and I changed my emotions.

I feel more energized now.

I’m going to record Success Hotline.

I’m going to clean out my car.

See you at the car wash!

Rob Gilbert