Tuesday, May 8, 2007

MESSAGE #36 - A PEP TALK THAT WILL GET YOU PSYCHED UP FOR FINALS

Athletes have the Super Bowl, the World Series and the Final Four. Students have final exams.

Athletes have coaches who give them pep talks before big games. If you’re not psyched up for finals yet, here’s your own personal pep talk...

THREE THOUGHTS THAT WILL HELP YOU

DO YOUR BEST WHEN IT MEANS THE MOST . . .


#1. It’s the start that stops most people.
#2. Are you willing to give up what you want NOW for what you want MOST?
#3. Are you going to say, “I’m glad I did” or “I wish I had”?


#1. IT’S THE START THAT STOPS MOST PEOPLE.

The hardest part is getting started. The ancient Chinese philosopher Lao Tsu said, “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” Are you procrastinating? Procrastination is getting ready to get ready. What are you waiting for? Don’t get ready to start studying. START STUDYING RIGHT NOW!!! Don’t let the start stop you.


#2. ARE YOU WILLING TO GIVE UP WHAT YOU WANT NOW FOR WHAT YOU WANT MOST?

I once saw this quote on a T-shirt: “You can always retake the course, but you’ll never be able to make up the party.” Funny quote, but dangerous advice! For the next few weeks, the important thing is to make the important thing the important thing. The important thing right now is your course work. Fight through those feelings that you just have to go to that party. Fight through those feelings that you just have to sleep more. Fight through those feelings of “senioritis” and “spring fever.” Delay gratification — DO YOUR WORK! Don’t sacrifice the MOST for the NOW.


#3. ARE YOU GOING TO SAY, “I’M GLAD I DID” OR “I WISH I HAD”?

Why should you get started now? Why should you delay gratification? Some day in the middle of May, you’re going to receive your grades. When you look at your results for spring semester 2007, are you going to say to yourself, “I’m glad I did” or “I wish I had”?

Don’t let “obstacles” get in your way, you’ll happily be able to say, “I’m glad I did.”

But, if you do delay, and let the obstacles interfere, you’ll regretfully say, “I wish I had.”


REMEMBER:

“THE PAIN IS TEMPORARY; THE PRIDE IS FOREVER.”


Make sure you’ll be able to say, “I’m glad I did.” Guarantee: You’ll be glad you did.

What’s the Law of 250???
To find out call Success Hotline (973.743.4690) today!

Rob Gilbert