Friday, September 28, 2007

MESSAGE #179 - TWELVE THOUGHTS ABOUT WORK

I write when I’m inspired and I see to it that I’m inspired at nine o’clock every morning. – Peter De Vries, writer

If you make the work interesting, the discipline will take care of itself.
– E.B. White, writer

Diligence beats intelligence every single time!
- Rob Gilbert, blogger

Our greatest weariness comes from work not done.
– Eric Hoffer, philosopher

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?
– George Carlin, comedian

Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.
– Confucius, philosopher

Work is more fun than fun.
– Noel Coward, playwright

The world is filled with willing people; some willing to work, the rest willing to let them. – Robert Frost, poet

The harder you work – the harder it is to surrender.
– Vince Lombardi, football coach

The dictionary is the only place where “success” comes before “work.”
- Mark Twain, writer

There is no magic secret . . . there is no special talent . . . if you want to be a great student the only requirement is a willingness to work hard.
- Melissa Sapio, A.B.D., school psychologist

THE REAL TEST

I know you can read. The question is, “Do you love reading?”
I know you can write. The question is, “Do you love writing?”
I know you can work. The question is, “Do you love working?”
-Rob Gilbert, blogger