Sunday, September 2, 2007

MESSAGE #153 - WARNING -- TODAY’S MESSAGE IS AN ADVERTISEMNT

My hotline (973.743.4690) and this blog are advertisements.

Not advertisements for me and my books, but advertisements for YOU.

After all, you already know everything I’ve been telling you . . . I’m here to just gently remind you of what you already know.

K – A = 0

You already know this one. You might not recognize the formula, but you do know the concept . . . let me remind you:

K – A = 0

Knowledge minus Action equals Zero

One way to get this message to become more memorable so it will stick in your mind is to reinforce it with a story. Another advertising technique. A story like this one:

Early one evening a young salesman approached a middle-aged farmer who was relaxing on his front porch.

Very excitedly, the salesman showed the farmer a book titled, “Everything You Need to Know about Farming.

The farmer took the book and quickly leafed through it. Then he looked up and said, “Young man, I know everything that’s in that book. I could probably write a book just like it. You see my problem is not knowing it – my problem is doing it!”

K – A = 0

Knowledge minus Action equals Nothing

BUT

K + A = E

Knowledge plus Action equals Everything

Your constant and continuous reminder,

Rob Gilbert