Tuesday, June 26, 2007

MESSAGE #85 - THIS WORKS (PART #1 OF A THREE-PART SERIES)

QUESTION: What keeps you from getting what you really want?

What prevents you from:

getting in better shape?
losing weight?
getting better grades?
earning more money?
winning more?

What stops you? What stands in your way?

ANSWER: You! You’re getting in your own way. But what specifically is keeping you from getting what you really want?

ANSWER: YOUR FEELINGS!

Your feelings get in your way and stop you. Your feelings keep you from getting what you really want. I’ll bet you say things to yourself like:

“I don’t feel like working out.”

“I don’t feel like dieting.”

“I don’t feel like studying.”

“I don’t feel like going to practice.”

Imagine how successful you would be if you could only overcome these temporary negative feelings!

Here’s the crucial question . . .

How do you change your feelings?

I’m not talking about feelings like a deep-seated resentment you may have. I’m talking about feelings you have in the moment; the feelings that you have right here and right now.

Suppose that right now, you’re saying something to yourself like:

“I don’t want to go to the gym.”

or

“I don’t want to go to school.”

or

“I don’t want to go to work.”

Here’s the secret:

YOU CAN CHANGE A FEELING THROUGH AN ACTION.

Feelings don’t change feelings right here and right now. Thoughts don’t change feelings right here and right now. ACTIONS CHANGE FEELINGS right here and right now.

Actions change attitudes.
Motions change emotions.
Movements change moods.

More to come tomorrow in Part II.

Rob Gilbert