Sunday, June 17, 2007

MESSAGE #76 - FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT -- PREPARE TO GET ENERGIZED!

It was just before Christmas in 1976. It was late at night . . . really late.

My phone rang.

It was my good friend Doug Cooney.

He was out of breath. Gasping.

I was instantly jolted awake.

Something was wrong.

Doug told me that he went to the mall and saw a movie about a boxer. Doug got so inspired that he left the theater, had his girlfriend Joan drive his car to his house, and he ran all the way back home. Four miles.

That was my introduction to Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky.

That movie . . . that music . . . the sequels. They still inspire me like they inspired my friend Doug.

Paul (from Friday’s blog) gives me that “Rocky-like” inspiration.

By “inspires” and “inspiration” -- I mean that after I watch it I have more energy.

I get energized!

Some other videos that energize me . . .

the last 20 minutes of the movie Tin Cup,
a live concert version of Paul Simon singing The Boxer,
Michael Flatley in the original video of Riverdance,
Robin Williams in Dead Poets Society,
Judy Garland in . . . you know . . .
Muhammad Ali boxing (even if he lost),
and of course . . . sob . . . The Crocodile Hunter – Steve Irwin.

Ed Agresta (who inspires me every time I hear from him, see him, and watch his motivational talks) told me about the following . . .

This is a video of an incredibly "into it" performer named Chris Bliss.

I hope this does for you what it does for me!

Rob Gilbert