Sunday, December 30, 2007

MESSAGE #271 - THE ENVELOPE PLEASE ...

THE MOST INSPIRATIONAL BOOK OF 2007

EAT, PRAY, LOVE

by

Elizabeth Gilbert

In my 28 years as a college professor, I have never received a hand-written thank-you note from a student expressing her appreciation for a reading assignment.

Here’s part of what my student said . . .

“ . . . I had no desire to read Eat, Pray, Love only because of all the work and stress I’ve been experiencing this semester. And I honestly never read or was able to find a book I really loved that I couldn’t put down. Don’t get me wrong though, I was very intrigued by what you said about the book and Elizabeth Gilbert. So I decided to give it a shot one morning, and found myself finishing the book in three days! I never read! Dr. Gilbert, I could not put the book down and I want to thank you with all of my heart. . . . Thank you for helping me find my happiness again.”

Nice endorsement for a book that was required reading!

Want to meet Elizabeth???