Thursday, August 2, 2007

MESSAGE #122 - THE POWER OF A PENNY

“If you don’t stretch your limits -- you’ll set your limits.”

If you have a penny and I have a penny and we exchange pennies -- you still have a penny and I still have a penny. But, if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange ideas -- now you have two ideas and I have two ideas. Today’s blog will give you an idea about pennies.

WARNING: Once you read today’s message, you will never look at a penny the same way again.

Once upon a time, Grandpa was walking into town with his 8-year-old grandson. Suddenly Grandpa stopped, bent down, and picked up a penny. His grandson asked, “Grandpa, what are you doing?”

“I’m picking up a penny,” Grandpa replied.

“Why are you doing that?”

“This is going to make me rich.”

“Grandpa, picking up a penny isn’t going to make you rich.”

The grandfather said, “You’re right! Picking up a penny isn’t going to make me rich, but the habit will.”

Now the grandson was confused, “Grandpa, you could pick up pennies every day for the rest of your life and it’s never going to make you rich.”

Grandpa explained, “You’re right again! Did you ever notice that whenever you’re walking around, you often see pennies on the ground? Most people won’t take the time to stop, bend down, and pick up a penny. Every time I see a penny, I’m reminded that I have an opportunity to do things that other people are not willing to do. If I can make a habit of doing that in my business, that habit will make me rich. So, every time I see a penny, it’s a reminder that I need to do the things that other people are not willing to do.”

You may not realize it, but implanted in this article is a hypnotic suggestion -- from now on, whenever you see a penny on the ground, even if you don’t pick it up, you’re going to be reminded of the fact that you must do things that other people are not willing to do. Each time you’re reminded of this, it will become virtually impossible for you not to pick up that penny.

Absolutely, positively, guaranteed!!!

Starting right now, all those pennies you’ll see on the ground, are carrying a suggestion for you. It’s a reminder that will lead you to success because if you’re willing to do things other people are not willing to do, you’ll get things other people will never ever get.

So whether you want to get standing ovations on Broadway or score touchdowns in the NFL or become governor of your state -- or become rich like Grandpa -- it all starts with a penny! You’ll see one of those pennies today, I guarantee it.

Want to get motivated to do things that other people are not willing to do? Call Dr. Gilbert’s Success Hotline at (973) 743-4690. Three-minute recorded motivational messages are available 24/7/365. There’s a new message every morning at 7:30.