Sunday, January 27, 2008

MESSAGE #299 - PERSPECTIVE

You are
100% responsible
for
how you choose
to respond
to everything
that happens
in your life.

One day, two buckets met at the well in the center of town.

One of the buckets was down and depressed.

“What’s wrong?” the other bucket asked concerned.

“I can’t take it any longer,” said the depressed bucket. “I get so tired being dragged to this well every day. No matter how full I am when I leave here, I always come back here completely empty. I find it so depressing.”

“If you look at it that way, no wonder you’re depressed,” the second bucket said. “The way I see it is that no matter how empty I am when I come back here, I always leave here completely full. I find it so invigorating!”

It’s not what’s happening
to you
that matters,
it’s how you react
to what’s
happening to you.