Tuesday, January 1, 2008

MESSAGE # 273 - THE PILLOW TEST

One day a young boy said to his family, “I want to do great things with my life and I know I can.”

Many years later, an old man said to his family, “I could have done great things with my life and I wish I did.”

This is a very sad story. Want to know why?

The young boy and the old man were the same person.

Another story . . .

One day a person said, “I want to do great things with 2008 and I know I can.”

A year later that same person said, “I could have done great things with 2008 and I wish I did.”

Another sad story.

Every day for the next 365 days you’re going to take a test – it’s called “The Pillow Test.”

Every night when you put your head on your pillow and review your day, are you going to say to yourself, “I’m glad I did,” or “I wish I had.”

If you did the things that will get you closer to your goals, you’ll be able to say, “I’m glad I did.”

If you made the important things the important things, you’ll be able to say, “I’m glad I did.”

If you went all out and you didn’t hold back, you’ll be able to say, “I’m glad I did.”

If you constantly and continuously say, “I’m glad I did,” – you’ll pass the test.

And one year from today, you’ll be able to say, “I could have done great things with 2008 and I did!”

Here’s wishing that
2008
is a
very happy story
for you!

Rob Gilbert