Thursday, November 8, 2007

MESSAGE # 219 - ADVICE FROM GEORGE BURNS...

George Burns (1896-1996) was a legendary comedian and actor.

Did you ever see “Oh, God!”? George Burns played the role of God.

George was incredibly smart and clever as you’ll discover in his quotes.

I guess you’d have to be smart and clever to play the Almighty!

Here’s George . . .

What’s the secret of enjoying old age?
I can’t tell you. It’s a secret.

My best advice:
Fall in love with what
you do for a living.

Happiness is having
a large, caring,
close-knit family
in another city!

Here’s my advice about money –
make it!
Money buys lots of things
including more money.

I would rather be a failure
at something I love
than be a success
at something I hate.

It’s too bad the only
people who know
how to run the country
are busy
driving cabs and cutting hair.

Acting is all about honesty.
If you can fake that,
you’ve got it made.

If you ask me what is
the single most important key
to longevity, I would have to say
it is avoiding worry, stress, and tension.
And if you didn’t ask me,
I’d still have to say it.

This is the sixth book I’ve written,
which isn’t bad for a guy who’s
only read two.

It’s good to be here.
At the age of 98, it’s nice to be anywhere!

Look to the future,
because that is where
you’ll spend the rest
of your life.

The secret of a good sermon
is to have a good beginning
and a good ending, then having
the two as close together as possible.

Thanks George Burns . . .