Saturday, May 12, 2007

MESSAGE #40 - THANK YOU!

It’s early Saturday and I’ve already received two condolence calls about my book.

I asked everyone on my Success Hotline (973.743.4690) and this blog to buy my book (How To Have Fun Without Failing Out: 430 Tips from a College Professor) in the hopes that it would get to #1 on Amazon.Com.

It didn’t get to #1.

It didn’t even come close.

Here’s my book’s rating history on Amazon . . .

April 23: #717,197
Wednesday: #414,514
Thursday: #92,763
Friday: (at 7:26 PM): #726
Eventually the book got to 665.

Oh, the condolence calls . . . they wanted to know if I was upset.

UPSET???

I’m elated!!! No, I’m ELATED!!!

Here I am with no advertising budget, no public relations agency, no ads in the media, no book reviews yet, etc. . . .

All I had was my phone and my computer.

Wait a second . . . I don’t want your pity.

But that’s not ALL I had . . .

I had the most important thing anyone can have: A NETWORK OF FRIENDS!

In other words, I had YOU. And you helped me. THANK YOU.

Please reread yesterday’s blog about Joe Girard’s “Law of 250.”

You have this hidden power too: your friends, your family, your professional colleagues, your relatives, etc. . . .

With your network, you have a great deal more power than you realize.

I don’t know how Amazon.Com works. I’m only beginning to learn how to sell my book.

All I know is that in Amazon rating #717,197 is not great and 665 is totally remarkable!

#665 is a lot closer to #1 than it is to #717,197!

So I didn’t get to #1. WRONG!

I didn’t get to #1 yet!

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you’ll be among the stars.”


Thank you,

Rob Gilbert


P.S. Remember: I’m one of your 250!