Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MESSAGE #563 - “TALKING THE TALK” VERSUS “WALKING THE TALK”


Late one night out on a lonesome Texas prairie, three cowboys were sitting around a campfire.


Then the stories began . . .


The first cowboy said, “I must be the meanest, toughest cowboy in the world. Just the other day, a bull got loose in the corral and gored six men to death. I immediately jumped over the fence and wrestled the bull to the ground with my bare hands.”


The second cowboy not wanting to be outdone said, “That’s nothing! I must be the meanest, toughest cowboy in the world. Just the other day, I was walking down a trail when a 15-foot rattlesnake slid out from under a rock and made a move toward me. When he was just about to bite me, I grabbed the snake by the neck and choked him to death with my bare hands.”


The third cowboy listened intently and remained silent while he stirred the orange-hot coals in the campfire with his bare hands.