Thursday, September 27, 2007

MESSAGE #178 - ARE YOU TOTALLY ALIVE???

DEDICATED TO THE GREAT PROFESSOR RANDY PAUSCH WHO IS TOTALLY ALIVE.

I joke with my students that I know they’re living, but I’m not sure that they’re totally alive.

Have you seen Professor Randy Pausch’s lecture (MESSAGE #173) yet? It’s a totally alive person talking about being totally alive.

It’s required viewing!

Writer Jack London (1876-1916) . . .

I would rather be ashes than dust!

I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze, than it should be stifled by dry rot.

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.

I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.

I shall use my time.