Saturday, November 29, 2008

MESSAGE #603 - IS CHUCK NORRIS A COWARD?

This story demonstrates courage not cowardice.
This story demonstrates strength under control.
Chuck Norris avoided a battle and won the war.

THE SOURCE
The Book: “The Secret Power Within”
The Author: Actor and martial arts expert Chuck Norris

Not long ago, after a day of filming my television series,
I went alone to a small Texas bar for a cold beer. As I sat
in a corner booth, savoring my drink, a large man towered
over me and said with an edge to his voice that I was sitting
in his booth.

I didn’t like his tone or his implicit threat, but I said nothing
and moved to another booth.

A few minutes later, though, the big fellow headed back in
my direction. Here it comes, I thought, a local tough out to
make a name for himself by taking on Chuck Norris in a fight.

When he arrived at my new booth, he looked directly at me.
“You’re Chuck Norris,” he said.

I nodded.

“You could have whipped my butt back there a few minutes
ago,” he said. “Why didn’t you?”

“What would it have proved?” I asked.

He thought that over for a moment and then offered me his
hand. “No hard feelings?” he said.

“None,” I said, and shook his hand.

I had avoided a confrontation and made a friend.
I won by losing.