Sunday, March 30, 2008

MESSAGE #362 - RUNNING QUOTES

DEDICATED TO:
SUPER ATHLETE & SUPER COACH
TOM FLEMING

Everyone is an athlete. The only difference is that some of us are in training and some
are not.
George Sheehan, M.D., runner and writer

To be #1, you have to train like you’re #2.
Maurice Green, Olympic champion sprinter

A lot of people run a race to see who’s the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts.
Steve Prefontaine, Olympic medalist in track

Spirit has 50 times the strength and staying power of brawn and muscle.
Author unknown

If you want to win a race you have to go a little beserk.
Bill Rodgers, marathon champion

There is no finish line.
Nike advertising slogan

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you aren’t. When you race, he will win.
Tom Fleming, marathon champion and track coach

I eat whatever the guy who beat me in the last race ate.
Alex Ratelle, masters runner

I do not run to add days to my life – I run to add life to my days.
Ronald Rook

When you win, nothing hurts.
Author unknown

Above all, train hard, eat right, and avoid television and people with bad attitudes.
Scott Tinley, superstar triathlete

You can always run faster – it’s just going to hurt.
Author unknown

What counts in battle is what you do once the pain sets in.
John Short, track coach

Runs end . . . Running doesn’t.
Nike advertising slogan

Have a dream, make a plan, go for it. You’ll get there, I promise.
Zoe Kaplowitz, marathon runner & living inspiration