Saturday, March 15, 2008

MESSAGE #347

A woman was dying of AIDS.

A priest was summoned. He tried to comfort her, but to no avail.

“I am lost,” she said. “I have ruined my life and the life of everyone around me. Now I’m painfully going to go to hell. There’s no hope for me.”

The priest saw a framed picture of a young girl on her dresser.

“Who is this beautiful picture of?” he asked.

The woman brightened up and said, “She’s the light of my life. That’s my daughter.”

The priest asked, “If she were in trouble or if she made a mistake would you help her? Would you forgive her? Would you still love her?”

“Of course I would!” the woman cried. “I would do anything for her. Why do you ask such a question?”

“Because I want you to know,” said the priest, “that God has a framed picture of you on His dresser.”