Tuesday, October 9, 2007

MESSAGE #190 - I STILL MISS LEO

Today’s message comes from the book Living, Loving & Learning by the late great Leo Buscaglia.

In this book, Dr. Buscaglia, a counselor and university professor, used a poem called “Things You Didn’t Do” to emphasize what can happen if you put things off.

The person who sent this poem to Dr. Buscaglia asked to remain anonymous.

Remember the day I borrowed your

brand-new car and I dented it?

I thought you’d kill me, but you didn’t.

And remember the time I dragged you

to the beach, and you said it would

rain, and it did?

I thought you’d say, “I told you so.”

But you didn’t.

Do you remember the time I flirted with

all the guys to make you jealous, and

you were?

I thought you’d leave me, but you didn’t.

Do you remember the time I spilled

strawberry pie all over your car rug?

I thought you’d make me clean it up, but you didn’t.

And remember the time I forgot to tell

you the dance was formal and you

showed up in jeans?

I thought you’d drop me, but you didn’t.

Yes, there were lots of things you didn’t do.

But you put up with me, and you loved

me, and you protected me.

There were lots of things I wanted to

make up to you when you returned

from Vietnam.

But you didn’t.