Wednesday, February 13, 2008

MESSAGE #316 - HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY

On February 14, an old man carrying a dozen red roses got on a bus.

He found a seat on the aisle beside a young man.

The young man looked at the flowers and said, “Somebody’s going to get a beautiful Valentine’s Day gift.”

“Yes,” said the old man.

A few minutes passed and the old man noticed that the young man kept staring at the roses.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” the old man asked.

“I do,” said the young man. “I’m going to see her right now and I’m taking her this. It’s all I can afford.” He held up a Valentine’s Day card.

The two men rode in silence for another 10 minutes. Then the old man rose to get off the bus. As he stepped out into the aisle, he suddenly placed the roses on the young man’s lap and said, “I think my wife would want you to have these. I’ll tell her I gave them to you.”

He left the bus.

As the bus pulled away, the young man saw the old man cross the street and enter the gates of a cemetery.