Friday, December 12, 2008

MESSAGE #615 - BE A LIFE SAVER

The most deadly disease
in our culture is not
cancer, heart disease,
or AIDS.
The most deadly disease is
lack of self-esteem.
I know you don’t
die from it,
but you’re wounded,
sometimes seriously.
You won’t end up
dead, but you’re
not really alive either.
Recently on Jay Leno,
the great Olympic champion
Michael Phelps made this
startling revelation,
“In middle school,
I remember I had
teachers tell me
I’d never be successful.”
WHAT’S THAT ALL ABOUT?
Note to teachers:
Negative feedback does not
produce positive results.
Thinking that, “If I make you
feel bad about yourself –
it’s good for you.
WRONG!
Positive feedback
produces positive results.
And it also makes kids feel
good about themselves.
Oh -- you’re not a teacher.
Think again!
You might not be employed
by a school system, but
you’re a teacher.
We all are.
And we all have a
big job to do . . .
one kid at a time.

Rob Gilbert, Ph.D.
Founder
Success Hotline
(973) 743-4690